Looking for Weekend
If you are online looking for a way to make some extra income and happen to be searching for “server jobs near me”, you’ve come to the right place. BenchConnect matches reliable workers with available server positions in restaurants and caterers in your area. Whether you are looking for a weekend server job, a part time gig, or something more permanent, we can connect you with a new employer with just a few simple clicks.
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment of servers is projected to grow 10 percent from 2021 to 2031. This increase is faster than the average of all occupations in the United States. Now that you know this job is in high demand, you might be wondering what duties a server needs to perform during each shift. Here are a few of the responsibilities of a typical server:
- Greet customers quickly, and most importantly, with a smile
- Present menus and suggest drinks and/or appetizers
- “Up-sell” speciality items when appropriate
- Take food orders and deliver to the cook or chef as soon as possible
- Keep open communication with serving and kitchen staff
- Keep drinks and bread/chip baskets filled throughout the visit
- Clear empty glasses and finished dishes from the table
- Check in on guests regularly throughout the visit
- Suggest desserts and/or items to go
- Deliver checks quickly and collect payment (if applicable)
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Comply with all applicable health department rules and regulations
Skills Needed to be a Successful Server
Just about anyone can write down an order and give it to a cook, but it takes a certain set of skills to become a successful server who leaves each shift with an apron full of tips. Some of the skills needed to be a top earning server include:
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Being a team player
- Active listening
- Having a good memory
- Ability to work promptly and efficiently
Benefits of Using BenchConnect for Your Server Job Search
When you choose BenchConnect as your platform for finding server jobs, you gain access to a range of benefits that can enhance your job search experience. Firstly, our extensive network of restaurant and catering partners in the Chicago area ensures a wide selection of opportunities for you to choose from. Whether you prefer a particular type of establishment or have specific scheduling preferences, we can cater to your needs.
Additionally, our user-friendly smartphone app makes it incredibly convenient to browse available positions, submit applications, and communicate with potential employers. You can easily update your profile, track your job search progress, and receive notifications about new job postings right from the palm of your hand. With BenchConnect, the process of finding your next server job becomes efficient and seamless.
We also take pride in our personalized approach to job placement. During your face-to-face interview with our placement experts, we take the time to understand your skills, experience, and preferences. This allows us to match you with the most suitable job opportunities that align with your qualifications and career goals. Our goal is to ensure a successful and mutually beneficial match between you and the employer.
Let BenchConnect Help You Find Your Next Gig
If you are ready to start your new waiter job, download our smartphone app. It only takes a few minutes to register then you can set up a face-to-face interview with one of our placement experts. After your interview, we will search for the perfect serving gig to meet your requirements. No paperwork. No hassle. Contact BenchConnect to find your next gig today!